1. To this day, I've never broken a bone in my body. This may not be as amazing as some facts, but it is amazing considering all the tree's I've climbed, hikes I've done, sports I've played, etc.. I'm an active person that doesn't take to sitting on the couch much. That's what makes this all the more amazing.
2. I've been skydiving! And loved it! I am active, as I mentioned above, but also have a wild side. I like to have crazy adventures in the wilderness as well. I'm always down for an adventure.
3. I love coffee! To my shame, I've been addicted to it since the beginning of high school. Thankfully, I'm not willing to spend $4 every day for a cup of coffee; we make our own pot at home. However, this being said, if you want to meet with me or hang out, coffee is great for sharing a conversation over.
4. I have traveled well over 506,000 miles in my life just up through high school and just in a car alone (yes, I took the time to calculate that). Now, I've probably traveled thousands more miles, but my calculations are based off solely what I can guarantee. I lived 1 hour away from town all my life. So when I went to school in town from 5th grade through high school, it means I traveled an hour to school and an hour back every day. These are what I based my calculations on alone. I didn't count my life up to 5th grade, or vacations, etc. Nonetheless, I've spent a lot of my life in a car.
5. I love sports. Growing up I played mainly soccer and one year of baseball when I was a little tike. I played basketball for my school in 6th and 8th grade. Soccer I played for about 11 years. City league when I was young, 5th through 8th grade was my school team and then in high school I played all 4 years for the team as well. I mentioned only playing baseball one year when I was young. Playing for a city league, I had a bad experience with it due to a poor coach that cared more about winning than encouraging and teaching us. So I quit baseball for a long time, but when Freshman year of high school came around, I decided to try it again. Needless to say, I had a lot to learn, but I had an awesome coach and playing came naturally to me. So I was a starter for my high school team all 4 years and was team captain the last 2 years. Even though those were the only sports I played for school, there isn't a sport I won't try. Through means of school, for fun, trying it out, and intramural sports, I've played/play volleyball, volley-tennis, tennis, dodgeball, football, wrestling, lacrosse, swimming, softball, ultimate frisbee, frisbee golf, rock climbing and I'm sure many more that I forgot to mention. I love to be active. I also enjoy watching sports. Generally, I won't sit by myself and watch sports or even keeping track on a certain team throughout the season, but if there is even one or two other people watching, I will gladly join watching them.
6. I love music and music of all kinds. From celtic, to instrumental, classical, to dance, dubstep, hip-hop, rap, to classic rock, modern rock, etc. The only genre I don't like is screemo. I can't even understand what they're saying, so whats the point. On my computer I have over 10,000 songs in my iTunes. Yet, I have only been to one concert in my life that I remember. Weird, right?
7. My mother's maiden name is Fraser. This is the same Fraser as the clan in Scotland that we can trace back to. Both of my brothers have actually been to the Fraser castle in northern Scotland, sadly I have not. I love all things celtic including one of my favorite movies, Braveheart.
8. I grew up without TV. We definitely didn't want to pay for cable and where we lived the bunny ears didn't even pick up any channels. Plus, with all our travel time, we didn't have time to watch anyway. Not having TV all my life probably played a lot into my development as a person. Because of this, I played outside and developed an active personality as well as a great sense of imagination. Now, let me clarify, I had a TV and DVD/VHS player, but I didn't have TV.
9. I really love animals of all kinds. I have done a fair amount of horse back riding including some packing trips in the mountains. I enjoy all types of animals, but my favorite animal ever was my dog growing up. From about age 8 to 17 we had a part wolf, part malamute dog named Buck. He was my companion in all my adventures outdoors.
10. The only time I've been outside the U.S. was a family vacation to Cozumel, Mexico the summer before 6th grade. Thankfully, I was just old enough, that I remember it well. It was a blessing and a great memory with my parents and two older brothers. I haven't gotten to do it much, but I love to travel.